Saturday 10 December 2011

The Prologue

My greetings to the readers!

People who know me would be surprised to see a blog from me and for the rest of the readers, if any :), I hope you would like it.  Since I decided to start off with a blog of my own, I felt an obligation as well to explain why I chose to do so. I could see the 'Description' field while updating the settings of my blog, but realized 500 words was a little too less to complete what I intended to put forth.

My motive behind starting this blog is not just to entertain the readers, or amuse them with flowery words and gain applause for that. As of now, I don't intend to write fictional stories or write romantic poetry for the lover boys and girls. I'm sure there are hundreds of books available in the market, and in the internet, in case anyone opts to engage in those pleasures, and I sincerely consider myself too meek a mortal to be capable of doing so. Trust me on that. :)

But the question haunts again! Why write a blog? - Well, If I am not wrong, we all would have faced many situations in our life and would have thought of our actions taken at that point of time to be regretful. How we wished then that if time travel was a reality, we would revert our actions and hence, make things better! But if things would have been that simple, there would hardly be an unhappy soul in the world. God tends to test us in different situations and see if we can come out of them with flying colors. Similarly, there would have been experiences in our life, where we could see the misery and suffering of others and yet, all we do is feel sad within and get back to our normal routine. I am not counting myself out as I have had so many such experiences in my life too, where I was just a mute spectator to others' pain and had hardly done anything about it at all.

At the same time, I am not being judgmental about myself or anyone else, as we have our work to do and are very busy in our lives. But I wanted to give a personal insight to all my readers into my experiences and ask ourselves that, are we so busy in our life, that we cannot spare a moment to bring a smile to others' face? By 'others' I mean anyone apart from you, yourself. We all have some moral obligation towards our society and the people, who are a part of it. We just need to take a step forward to realize it and do something about it. Being a little selfish about ourselves is fine, but becoming self-obsessed is a different thing altogether.

Now that you all know what to expect of my future posts, I feel relieved of the burden of expectations of entertaining you all. Although, I now feel that I have a responsibility on my shoulders and the similar-to-egg-shaped head of mine to enlighten you with what I have promised to in this post. It could bore you to death, but if it inspires you to do something for the betterment of others, I would consider this a major success in itself.

Thanks again for the patience you've shown to read my first post ever, and I am open to feedback from all my readers, be it positive or negative :)

Yours Truly,
Sid
Spread a smile :)

5 comments:

  1. Great post.. I take this opportunity to advertize myself as you said 'we have our work to do', so please so visit www.idontwanttoreadthisblog.com .

    I am really looking forward to reading you future post as you rarely voice out your thoughts!!

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it...Great one!...Proud to know my fren has such thoughts. SiD sHiNes as aLwAys!

    Cheers,
    Neelam :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neelam and Paro, Thanks a lot for your comments! I hope to bring out the best of myself through my blog. Hope you like my future posts as well!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hear from u. Comes as a shock that SID thinks of blogging. Good yaar!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @vikas.. Good that you know it now... :)

    ReplyDelete